What is involved in Transportation Spend Management
Find out what the related areas are that Transportation Spend Management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Transportation Spend Management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Transportation Spend Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Transportation Spend Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Transportation Spend Management related domains to cover and 52 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Transportation Spend Management, Advanced Traffic Management System, Active traffic management, California Department of Transportation, Dynamic message sign, Highway advisory radio, IBM Administrative Terminal System, ITS America, Intelligent Transportation System, Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act, National ITS Architecture, Ramp meter, Road Weather Information System, SAFETEA-LU, Speed limit, Traffic camera, Traffic optimization, Transportation Management Center, Urban Traffic Management and Control, Variable-message sign, Vehicle Detector Station:
Transportation Spend Management Critical Criteria:
Nurse Transportation Spend Management adoptions and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Transportation Spend Management decisions.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Transportation Spend Management strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Transportation Spend Management delivery for example is new software needed?
– How can skill-level changes improve Transportation Spend Management?
Advanced Traffic Management System Critical Criteria:
Boost Advanced Traffic Management System decisions and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Advanced Traffic Management System information.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Transportation Spend Management leader?
– Have you identified your Transportation Spend Management key performance indicators?
– What are the business goals Transportation Spend Management is aiming to achieve?
Active traffic management Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Active traffic management engagements and overcome Active traffic management skills and management ineffectiveness.
– In the case of a Transportation Spend Management project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Transportation Spend Management project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Transportation Spend Management project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Think about the people you identified for your Transportation Spend Management project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
California Department of Transportation Critical Criteria:
Judge California Department of Transportation strategies and balance specific methods for improving California Department of Transportation results.
– How do we measure improved Transportation Spend Management service perception, and satisfaction?
– Will Transportation Spend Management deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Dynamic message sign Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Dynamic message sign planning and get out your magnifying glass.
– Do Transportation Spend Management rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– How do we go about Securing Transportation Spend Management?
– Is the scope of Transportation Spend Management defined?
Highway advisory radio Critical Criteria:
Apply Highway advisory radio engagements and find out.
– What is our formula for success in Transportation Spend Management ?
IBM Administrative Terminal System Critical Criteria:
Value IBM Administrative Terminal System risks and correct better engagement with IBM Administrative Terminal System results.
– Have all basic functions of Transportation Spend Management been defined?
– What are internal and external Transportation Spend Management relations?
– How much does Transportation Spend Management help?
ITS America Critical Criteria:
Disseminate ITS America engagements and gather practices for scaling ITS America.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Transportation Spend Management. How do we gain traction?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Transportation Spend Management?
Intelligent Transportation System Critical Criteria:
Grasp Intelligent Transportation System governance and don’t overlook the obvious.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Transportation Spend Management move?
Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act governance and shift your focus.
– For your Transportation Spend Management project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Think of your Transportation Spend Management project. what are the main functions?
– What business benefits will Transportation Spend Management goals deliver if achieved?
National ITS Architecture Critical Criteria:
Pilot National ITS Architecture adoptions and give examples utilizing a core of simple National ITS Architecture skills.
– Does Transportation Spend Management create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How can you measure Transportation Spend Management in a systematic way?
– How to Secure Transportation Spend Management?
Ramp meter Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Ramp meter leadership and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Ramp meter projects.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Transportation Spend Management with what users do day-to-day?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Transportation Spend Management requirements in detail?
– What are all of our Transportation Spend Management domains and what do they do?
Road Weather Information System Critical Criteria:
Unify Road Weather Information System governance and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Road Weather Information System decisions.
– Can we add value to the current Transportation Spend Management decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Transportation Spend Management process?
SAFETEA-LU Critical Criteria:
Jump start SAFETEA-LU results and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in SAFETEA-LU.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Transportation Spend Management is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
Speed limit Critical Criteria:
Confer re Speed limit projects and finalize specific methods for Speed limit acceptance.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Transportation Spend Management ?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Transportation Spend Management objectives?
Traffic camera Critical Criteria:
Discuss Traffic camera engagements and describe which business rules are needed as Traffic camera interface.
– What are the long-term Transportation Spend Management goals?
– What are specific Transportation Spend Management Rules to follow?
Traffic optimization Critical Criteria:
Consult on Traffic optimization outcomes and do something to it.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Transportation Spend Management workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Transportation Spend Management processes?
– Are there Transportation Spend Management Models?
Transportation Management Center Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Transportation Management Center strategies and raise human resource and employment practices for Transportation Management Center.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Transportation Spend Management objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Transportation Spend Management processes of our organization?
– Is Transportation Spend Management dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Urban Traffic Management and Control Critical Criteria:
Deduce Urban Traffic Management and Control quality and gather practices for scaling Urban Traffic Management and Control.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Transportation Spend Management? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
Variable-message sign Critical Criteria:
Match Variable-message sign failures and devise Variable-message sign key steps.
– How do we go about Comparing Transportation Spend Management approaches/solutions?
– Who needs to know about Transportation Spend Management ?
– Do we all define Transportation Spend Management in the same way?
Vehicle Detector Station Critical Criteria:
Discuss Vehicle Detector Station failures and handle a jump-start course to Vehicle Detector Station.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Transportation Spend Management goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What are our needs in relation to Transportation Spend Management skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Transportation Spend Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Transportation Spend Management External links:
Transportation Spend Management – Online Freight …
Total Transportation Spend Management From Veraction
Transportation Spend Management Solutions – Freightgate
Advanced Traffic Management System External links:
Autoscope® TIP – Econolite Advanced Traffic Management System
KITS Advanced Traffic Management System | Kimley-Horn
http://www.kimley-horn.com › Services › Software Solutions / Services
Advanced Traffic Management System || City of Fort Collins
Active traffic management External links:
Active Traffic Management Feasibility and Screening Guide
I-66 Active Traffic Management System
[PDF]Development of Active Traffic Management …
California Department of Transportation External links:
[PDF]CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
[PDF]California Department of Transportation
Dynamic message sign External links:
Travel Midwest – Dynamic Message Sign Report
Dynamic Message Sign Procurement Workshop – …
Dynamic Message Sign Information – Full List
Highway advisory radio External links:
Highway Advisory Radio – Virginia Department of Transportation
Highway Advisory Radio Software – M.H. Corbin
IBM Administrative Terminal System External links:
IBM Administrative Terminal System
http://The IBM Administrative Terminal System, also known as ATS/360, provided text- and data-management tools for working with documents to users of IBM System/360 systems. An earlier version ran on an IBM 1440 or IBM 1460 Data Processing System and the IBM Service Bureau Corporation offered a proprietary version, Call/ATS, which ran on IBM 1440 systems or on IBM System/360 DOS systems.
IBM Administrative Terminal System – WOW.com
IBM Administrative Terminal System – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/IBM Administrative Terminal System
ITS America External links:
ITS America – YouTube
Technology Scan & Assessments — ITS America
ITS America (@ITS_America) | Twitter
Intelligent Transportation System External links:
[PDF]Intelligent Transportation System Strategic Plan …
[PDF]Intelligent Transportation System/Positive Train …
National ITS Architecture External links:
[PDF]National ITS Architecture Update
Intelligent Transportation Systems – National ITS Architecture
[PDF]New National ITS Architecture’s V7 – Systems …
Ramp meter External links:
Understanding Requirements for Ramp Meter Control …
Ramp Meter F.A.Q. – California Department of Transportation
Ramp Meter Information & Traffic Counts – rtcsnv.com
Road Weather Information System External links:
Assessment of Montana Road Weather Information System
SAFETEA-LU External links:
SAFETEA-LU – Safety | Federal Highway Administration
SAFETEA-LU – Safety | Federal Highway Administration
H.R.3 – 109th Congress (2005-2006): SAFETEA-LU | …
Speed limit External links:
The highest speed limits are generally 70-80 mph (110-130 km/h) in western states and 70-75 mph (113-121 km/h) in eastern states.
Traffic camera External links:
Streaming Triangle traffic camera video :: WRAL.com
Traffic optimization External links:
Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (alto) – Documents
Traffic Optimization Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Road traffic optimization system – Google Patents
Transportation Management Center External links:
Cameras | Transportation Management Center …
MCDOT Transportation Management Center
MCDOT Transportation Management Center Cameras
Urban Traffic Management and Control External links:
Cycling and Urban Traffic Management and Control …
Urban Traffic Management and Control – YouTube
Vehicle Detector Station External links:
VDS – Vehicle Detector Station | AcronymFinder