What is involved in lean enterprise
Find out what the related areas are that lean enterprise connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a lean enterprise thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its lean enterprise journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward lean enterprise leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which lean enterprise related domains to cover and 78 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
lean enterprise, Agile Manifesto, Assembly line, Capital markets, Eiji Toyoda, Extreme programming, General Motors, Just-in-Time Manufacturing, Kaizen, Kiichiro Toyoda, Management fad, Mass production, Mergers and acquisitions, Motorola, Performance indicator, Six Sigma, Taichi Ohno, Toyota, Toyota Production System, Venture capital:
lean enterprise Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot lean enterprise issues and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of lean enterprise.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a lean enterprise project?
– Do lean enterprise rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Agile Manifesto Critical Criteria:
Coach on Agile Manifesto planning and integrate design thinking in Agile Manifesto innovation.
– As corporate ventures usually go to new business areas and work with new technologies, they are most likely unable to utilize existing commercial or parent corporations in-house development methods. Could Agile Manifesto and agile methods be a good starting point for the corporate venture to start their development effort towards their own, efficient agile in-house software development method?
– Could Agile Manifesto and agile methods be a good starting point for the corporate venture to start their development effort towards their own, efficient agile in-house software development method?
– Can we add value to the current lean enterprise decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What are the disruptive lean enterprise technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How do agile methods support the principles of Agile Manifesto when using in-house software development methods?
– Are accountability and ownership for lean enterprise clearly defined?
– What does our Agile Manifesto say about dealing with risk?
Assembly line Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Assembly line leadership and gather practices for scaling Assembly line.
– What are our best practices for minimizing lean enterprise project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the lean enterprise project lifecycle?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of lean enterprise moving forward?
– Do we have past lean enterprise Successes?
Capital markets Critical Criteria:
Audit Capital markets tactics and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Capital markets projects.
– The blockchain vision is clearly a massive change to the structure of capital markets. Why would the industry want to begin to go down this route?
– Will lean enterprise have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether lean enterprise goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the lean enterprise requirements in detail?
Eiji Toyoda Critical Criteria:
Consult on Eiji Toyoda quality and summarize a clear Eiji Toyoda focus.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about lean enterprise. How do we gain traction?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting lean enterprise with what users do day-to-day?
– Which lean enterprise goals are the most important?
Extreme programming Critical Criteria:
Analyze Extreme programming planning and devise Extreme programming key steps.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these lean enterprise processes?
– How Extreme Does Extreme Programming Have to Be?
– How can skill-level changes improve lean enterprise?
– When using Extreme Programming?
– What are our lean enterprise Processes?
– What Is Extreme Programming?
General Motors Critical Criteria:
Generalize General Motors quality and perfect General Motors conflict management.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our lean enterprise agendas for the next 3 years?
– Does lean enterprise analysis show the relationships among important lean enterprise factors?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of lean enterprise activities?
Just-in-Time Manufacturing Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Just-in-Time Manufacturing decisions and finalize specific methods for Just-in-Time Manufacturing acceptance.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective lean enterprise leader?
– How do we measure improved lean enterprise service perception, and satisfaction?
– Have all basic functions of lean enterprise been defined?
Kaizen Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Kaizen issues and describe which business rules are needed as Kaizen interface.
– what is the best design framework for lean enterprise organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What is Effective lean enterprise?
Kiichiro Toyoda Critical Criteria:
Administer Kiichiro Toyoda adoptions and overcome Kiichiro Toyoda skills and management ineffectiveness.
– How can the value of lean enterprise be defined?
– How do we Lead with lean enterprise in Mind?
Management fad Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Management fad projects and find out.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of lean enterprise into the services that we provide?
– Does the lean enterprise task fit the clients priorities?
– What are the long-term lean enterprise goals?
Mass production Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Mass production tasks and handle a jump-start course to Mass production.
– Think of your lean enterprise project. what are the main functions?
– Why is lean enterprise important for you now?
Mergers and acquisitions Critical Criteria:
Align Mergers and acquisitions results and do something to it.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your lean enterprise processes?
– How do we keep improving lean enterprise?
– Are there lean enterprise Models?
Motorola Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Motorola engagements and find out.
– Is lean enterprise dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Performance indicator Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Performance indicator quality and improve Performance indicator service perception.
– What is the importance of knowing the key performance indicators KPIs for a business process when trying to implement a business intelligence system?
– Choosing good key performance indicators (KPI Key Performance Indicators) did we start from the question How do you measure a companys success?
– What is the difference between Key Performance Indicators KPI and Critical Success Factors CSF in a Business Strategic decision?
– What is the availability of and cost of internal Quality Assurance manpower necessary to monitor each performance indicator?
– To what extent did the results indicate that the program goals, objectives and performance indicators had been achieved?
– Kpi key performance indicators opportunities. are there opportunities to use the field/table to measure performance?
– How does the proposed solution help measure each performance indicator?
– Have you identified your lean enterprise key performance indicators?
– Which are the key performance indicators for Customer Service?
– What are valid performance indicators for the service desk?
– What are your performance indicators?
Six Sigma Critical Criteria:
Adapt Six Sigma strategies and tour deciding if Six Sigma progress is made.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– When a lean enterprise manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– How is lean six sigma different from TOGAF architecture?
Taichi Ohno Critical Criteria:
Mix Taichi Ohno planning and optimize Taichi Ohno leadership as a key to advancement.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for lean enterprise strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a lean enterprise study?
– Is Supporting lean enterprise documentation required?
Toyota Critical Criteria:
Map Toyota leadership and drive action.
– Toyota is the role model and the most highly developed example of the potency of systems thinking and action learning in its broadest sense. but why, if the tps is so successful, is toyota along with its circle of suppliers still almost the lone manufacturing example?
– Agile project management with Scrum derives from best business practices in companies like Fuji-Xerox, Honda, Canon, and Toyota. Toyota routinely achieves four times the productivity and 12 times the quality of competitors. Can Scrum do the same for globally distributed teams?
– Is the lean enterprise organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Does lean enterprise analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Toyota Production System Critical Criteria:
Review Toyota Production System quality and change contexts.
– Think about the people you identified for your lean enterprise project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Who sets the lean enterprise standards?
Venture capital Critical Criteria:
Frame Venture capital tactics and look at the big picture.
– Consider your own lean enterprise project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How do you determine the key elements that affect lean enterprise workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– How do your measurements capture actionable lean enterprise information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the lean enterprise Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
lean enterprise External links:
From Lean Production to the Lean Enterprise
Lean Enterprise (Book, 2015) [WorldCat.org]
What is Lean? Lean Manufacturing & Lean Enterprise | ASQ
Agile Manifesto External links:
2. What are the Four Values of Agile Manifesto? – Antra
Principles behind the Agile Manifesto
What is Agile Manifesto? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Assembly line External links:
Some Lessons From The Assembly Line – Newsweek
Assembly Line Worker Job Description | Chron.com
Batch Process vs. Assembly Line | Chron.com
Capital markets External links:
The Fed – Capital Markets – United States dollar
KBS – Capital Markets Group
RCM – Login | Real Capital Markets
Extreme programming External links:
Agile Project Management: Scrum, eXtreme Programming, …
General Motors External links:
General Motors | Official Global Site | GM.com
Careers with General Motors
Just-in-Time Manufacturing External links:
Just-in-time manufacturing (Book, 1988) [WorldCat.org]
business – Just-In-Time Manufacturing – Entrepreneur
Just-in-time manufacturing | business | Britannica.com
Kaizen External links:
Executive Search | Lean Recruiters – Home | Career Kaizen
Kiichiro Toyoda External links:
Sakichi & Kiichiro Toyoda (Book, 2000s) [WorldCat.org]
Kiichiro Toyoda – NNDB
Kiichiro Toyoda – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Management fad External links:
Is ‘mindfulness’ just another management fad? | Fortune
Is / Was Six Sigma a management fad? – Quora
Mass production External links:
Mass Production – Investopedia
Mass production | Define Mass production at Dictionary.com
mass production – Thesaurus.com | Synonyms and …
Mergers and acquisitions External links:
Home | The Braff Group | Health Care Mergers and Acquisitions
Motorola External links:
Motorola – Official Site
moto g⁴ – unlocked Android cell phone | motorola US
Motorola Solutions – Official Site
Performance indicator External links:
What does performance indicator mean? – Definitions.net
Understanding Key Performance Indicators or KPI
18 Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Examples Defined
Six Sigma External links:
Lean Six Sigma Training & Certification – …
Online Lean and Six Sigma Training Videos | Gemba Academy
What Is Six Sigma?
Taichi Ohno External links:
Taichi Ohno Archives – IDR
Toyota External links:
Toyota Financial – Official Site
Southeast Toyota Finance
2018 Toyota 86 Sports Car | Track proven. Street ready.
Toyota Production System External links:
[PDF]TOYOTA PRODUCTION SYSTEM BASIC …
Toyota Production System | Lean Operations / Just In Time
Toyota Production System (TPS) Terminology
Venture capital External links:
Investors, Angel Investors & Venture Capital | Invstor.com
Venture Capitalist – Investopedia
the PVCA – Pittsburgh Venture Capital Association