What is involved in Security information management
Find out what the related areas are that Security information management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Security information management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Security information management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Security information management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Security information management related domains to cover and 39 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Security information management, Information Systems Audit and Control Association, Information security, Information security management, Information security management system, Logfile, Security Information and Event Management, Security event manager:
Security information management Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Security information management goals and ask what if.
– Does Security information management analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Why should we adopt a Security information management framework?
Information Systems Audit and Control Association Critical Criteria:
Dissect Information Systems Audit and Control Association decisions and figure out ways to motivate other Information Systems Audit and Control Association users.
– Does Security information management create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How would one define Security information management leadership?
Information security Critical Criteria:
Analyze Information security governance and report on setting up Information security without losing ground.
– Does the information security function actively engage with other critical functions, such as it, Human Resources, legal, and the privacy officer, to develop and enforce compliance with information security and privacy policies and practices?
– Are information security policies, including policies for access control, application and system development, operational, network and physical security, formally documented?
– Has the organization established an enterprise-wide business continuity/disaster recovery program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines?
– Is a risk treatment plan formulated to identify the appropriate mgmt action, resources, responsibilities and priorities for managing information security risks?
– Are Human Resources subject to screening, and do they have terms and conditions of employment defining their information security responsibilities?
– Do suitable policies for the information security exist for all critical assets of the value added chain (indication of completeness of policies, Ico )?
– Do suitable policies for the information security exist for all critical assets of the value added chain (degree of completeness)?
– Are information security roles and responsibilities coordinated and aligned with internal roles and external partners?
– Does your company have a current information security policy that has been approved by executive management?
– What information security and privacy standards or regulations apply to the cloud customers domain?
– Do the Security information management decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Have standards for information security across all entities been established or codified into regulations?
– What best describes the authorization process in information security?
– Is there a business continuity/disaster recovery plan in place?
– Is information security an it function within the company?
– What is the goal of information security?
Information security management Critical Criteria:
Detail Information security management leadership and research ways can we become the Information security management company that would put us out of business.
– Has the organization established an Identity and Access Management program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines and which identifies users and network devices?
– How likely is the current Security information management plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Does Security information management appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– Are damage assessment and disaster recovery plans in place?
– What is our Security information management Strategy?
Information security management system Critical Criteria:
Discourse Information security management system governance and shift your focus.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Security information management? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Security information management does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What will drive Security information management change?
Logfile Critical Criteria:
Debate over Logfile issues and pay attention to the small things.
– Will Security information management have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Security information management processes?
Security Information and Event Management Critical Criteria:
Discourse Security Information and Event Management governance and integrate design thinking in Security Information and Event Management innovation.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Security information management values?
– In what ways are Security information management vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Security information management leaders?
Security event manager Critical Criteria:
Track Security event manager management and point out Security event manager tensions in leadership.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Security information management workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Security information management strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What are the disruptive Security information management technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Security information management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Security information management External links:
[PDF]Security Information Management System – …
SIMS Software – Security Information Management …
Information security External links:
Title & Settlement Information Security
[PDF]TITLE: INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT …
[PDF]Tax Information Security Guidelines For Federal, …
Information security management External links:
[PDF]TITLE: INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT …
Federal Information Security Management Act – CSRC
Information Security Management – Corralling Mobile …
Logfile External links:
Warning: “Encountered an NTFS volume with a logfile …
Security Information and Event Management External links:
A Guide to Security Information and Event Management
Security event manager External links:
LogLogic Security Event Manager | Tibco LogLogic
GE Digital Energy : CyberSentry SEM Security Event Manager