What is involved in Presales
Find out what the related areas are that Presales connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Presales thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Presales journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Presales leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Presales related domains to cover and 106 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Presales, Account-based marketing, Behavioral targeting, Brand ambassador, Brand licensing, Brand management, Corporate anniversary, Corporate identity, Corporate propaganda, Digital marketing, Direct marketing, Display advertising, Drip marketing, Loyalty marketing, Market segmentation, Marketing activation, Marketing effectiveness, Marketing ethics, Marketing management, Marketing operations, Marketing research, Marketing strategy, Mobile advertising, Mobile marketing, Music on hold, Native advertising, New media, Online advertising, Out-of-home advertising, Personal selling, Point of sale, Product demonstration, Product marketing, Product placement, Promotional merchandise, Proof of concept, Sales promotion, Sex in advertising, Social marketing, Underwriting spot, Visual merchandising, Web banner, Willingness to pay, Word-of-mouth marketing:
Presales Critical Criteria:
Discuss Presales goals and find out.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Presales services/products?
– How do we Improve Presales service perception, and satisfaction?
– What are the short and long-term Presales goals?
Account-based marketing Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Account-based marketing tactics and gather practices for scaling Account-based marketing.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Presales requirements in detail?
– What are the business goals Presales is aiming to achieve?
– Why is Presales important for you now?
Behavioral targeting Critical Criteria:
Detail Behavioral targeting management and adopt an insight outlook.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Presales workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Is maximizing Presales protection the same as minimizing Presales loss?
– Does the Presales task fit the clients priorities?
Brand ambassador Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Brand ambassador results and optimize Brand ambassador leadership as a key to advancement.
– What is our Presales Strategy?
Brand licensing Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Brand licensing visions and attract Brand licensing skills.
– When a Presales manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What are internal and external Presales relations?
– Who needs to know about Presales ?
Brand management Critical Criteria:
Pilot Brand management tasks and report on setting up Brand management without losing ground.
– Among the Presales product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How do we measure improved Presales service perception, and satisfaction?
Corporate anniversary Critical Criteria:
Read up on Corporate anniversary outcomes and point out Corporate anniversary tensions in leadership.
– Does Presales systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What are the barriers to increased Presales production?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Presales Management?
Corporate identity Critical Criteria:
Categorize Corporate identity planning and devise Corporate identity key steps.
– Which customers cant participate in our Presales domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What vendors make products that address the Presales needs?
– Can we do Presales without complex (expensive) analysis?
Corporate propaganda Critical Criteria:
Adapt Corporate propaganda results and gather Corporate propaganda models .
– How can you negotiate Presales successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What are all of our Presales domains and what do they do?
– What threat is Presales addressing?
Digital marketing Critical Criteria:
Design Digital marketing risks and perfect Digital marketing conflict management.
– How will it help your business compete in the context of Digital Marketing?
– To what extent does management recognize Presales as a tool to increase the results?
Direct marketing Critical Criteria:
Gauge Direct marketing visions and work towards be a leading Direct marketing expert.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Presales products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Presales goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Display advertising Critical Criteria:
Match Display advertising engagements and look at the big picture.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Presales is underway?
Drip marketing Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Drip marketing failures and research ways can we become the Drip marketing company that would put us out of business.
– What is the purpose of Presales in relation to the mission?
– What are current Presales Paradigms?
Loyalty marketing Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Loyalty marketing tasks and intervene in Loyalty marketing processes and leadership.
– In what ways are Presales vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Presales processes?
Market segmentation Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Market segmentation issues and forecast involvement of future Market segmentation projects in development.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Presales project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Can we establish a new market segmentation strategy focused on potential profitability and willingness to purchase?
– How can we improve Presales?
Marketing activation Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Marketing activation planning and question.
– In the case of a Presales project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Presales project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Presales project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
Marketing effectiveness Critical Criteria:
Mine Marketing effectiveness governance and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Marketing effectiveness decisions.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Presales project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Presales project lifecycle?
– How will you measure your Presales effectiveness?
Marketing ethics Critical Criteria:
Infer Marketing ethics goals and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Presales. How do we gain traction?
– Will Presales have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
Marketing management Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Marketing management management and catalog Marketing management activities.
– What are the disruptive Presales technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Which Presales goals are the most important?
Marketing operations Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Marketing operations strategies and get the big picture.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Presales product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
Marketing research Critical Criteria:
Use past Marketing research goals and don’t overlook the obvious.
– How likely is the current Presales plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– In what way(s) did marketing research help shape CRM?
Marketing strategy Critical Criteria:
Focus on Marketing strategy outcomes and maintain Marketing strategy for success.
– How does our company use its web-site for Customer Service and / or customer relationship building?
– What kind of marketing strategy would you use in each stage to keep our products at the forefront?
– What kind of marketing strategy would you use in each stage to keep the product at the forefront?
– What is our Increasing importance of integrated marketing communications … why?
– How do we know that any Presales analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What are the parts of a marketing strategy?
Mobile advertising Critical Criteria:
Guide Mobile advertising planning and oversee implementation of Mobile advertising.
– Is the scope of Presales defined?
Mobile marketing Critical Criteria:
See the value of Mobile marketing strategies and interpret which customers can’t participate in Mobile marketing because they lack skills.
– What are the key elements of your Presales performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What are the usability implications of Presales actions?
– How to Secure Presales?
Music on hold Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Music on hold engagements and look at it backwards.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Presales?
Native advertising Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Native advertising decisions and perfect Native advertising conflict management.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Presales delivery for example is new software needed?
New media Critical Criteria:
Model after New media engagements and intervene in New media processes and leadership.
– How do we Identify specific Presales investment and emerging trends?
Online advertising Critical Criteria:
Explore Online advertising outcomes and describe the risks of Online advertising sustainability.
– For your Presales project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Presales into the services that we provide?
Out-of-home advertising Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Out-of-home advertising results and summarize a clear Out-of-home advertising focus.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Presales process?
– Is there any existing Presales governance structure?
Personal selling Critical Criteria:
Confer re Personal selling strategies and integrate design thinking in Personal selling innovation.
– What is the major advantage of personal selling over advertising as a communication method?
– Why should we adopt a Presales framework?
Point of sale Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Point of sale leadership and finalize the present value of growth of Point of sale.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Presales strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Is Supporting Presales documentation required?
Product demonstration Critical Criteria:
Generalize Product demonstration visions and work towards be a leading Product demonstration expert.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Presales leader?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Presales study?
– Does our organization need more Presales education?
Product marketing Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Product marketing risks and overcome Product marketing skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Presales opportunities costing us money?
Product placement Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Product placement visions and acquire concise Product placement education.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Presales models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– How do we manage Presales Knowledge Management (KM)?
Promotional merchandise Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Promotional merchandise management and tour deciding if Promotional merchandise progress is made.
– Is there a Presales Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Is Presales dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Proof of concept Critical Criteria:
Start Proof of concept risks and get out your magnifying glass.
– Will a proof of concept support and create awareness of the power of the AWS cloud within the organization?
– What is explored during the proof of concept phase for cloud adoption?
– Which applications can I immediately move after a proof of concept?
– What should a proof of concept or pilot accomplish?
Sales promotion Critical Criteria:
Use past Sales promotion quality and maintain Sales promotion for success.
– Do those selected for the Presales team have a good general understanding of what Presales is all about?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Presales that make it risky?
Sex in advertising Critical Criteria:
Review Sex in advertising issues and differentiate in coordinating Sex in advertising.
Social marketing Critical Criteria:
Analyze Social marketing decisions and innovate what needs to be done with Social marketing.
– what is the best design framework for Presales organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
Underwriting spot Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Underwriting spot leadership and find answers.
Visual merchandising Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Visual merchandising outcomes and adopt an insight outlook.
– How can you measure Presales in a systematic way?
– How do we maintain Presaless Integrity?
Web banner Critical Criteria:
Judge Web banner results and handle a jump-start course to Web banner.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Presales activities?
Willingness to pay Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Willingness to pay issues and acquire concise Willingness to pay education.
– What willingness to pay may be expected in the marketplace?
Word-of-mouth marketing Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Word-of-mouth marketing management and raise human resource and employment practices for Word-of-mouth marketing.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Presales Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Presales External links:
Concert Ticket Presales – Citi Cardmember Offers
Memberships & Presales | Dragoncon
Using Technical Presales and Deployment Services
Account-based marketing External links:
Account-Based Marketing – An Overview & Resources
Behavioral targeting External links:
4 Ways Behavioral Targeting Is Changing the Web – Mashable
What Is Behavioral Targeting? – CBS News
What is Behavioral Targeting? – Define Behavioral Targeting
Brand ambassador External links:
Looking for a Brand Ambassador? Hire a Teacher.
Why Brand Ambassadors Are Important – Entrepreneur
Brand licensing External links:
The 10 Most Common Brand Licensing Mistakes
Brand Licensing | Meredith
Brand Licensing | Whirlpool Corporation
Brand management External links:
BMP – Brand Management Professionals
Our Brand Management Solution – MarketNow – …
RepEquity® | Digital Brand Management, Search …
Corporate anniversary External links:
Corporate Anniversary Gifts & Recognition Program …
Personalized Corporate Anniversary Gifts – Memorable …
20 Year Corporate Anniversary Gifts for Employees
Corporate identity External links:
Corporate identity. (Book, 1989) [WorldCat.org]
Corporate Identity, Inc Promotional Products
Corporate Identity (Book, 1997) [WorldCat.org]
Corporate propaganda External links:
Media Mindlessly Parrots Corporate Propaganda After …
Digital marketing External links:
What is Digital Marketing? | mobileStorm
Advance 360 Digital Marketing Agency – Advance 360
Philadelphia – Digital Marketing Conference | August, 2018
Direct marketing External links:
Direct Marketing Definition | Investopedia
Infinity Direct – Integrated Direct Marketing
Display advertising External links:
Display Advertising: Expedia Media Solutions
Drip marketing External links:
drip marketing – Tenstreet
Insurance Drip Marketing Solutions – Agency Tsunami
3 Principals For Successful Drip Marketing Campaigns
Loyalty marketing External links:
Customer Relationship & Loyalty Marketing | CCG
Loyalty Marketing in Action – Entrepreneur
COLLOQUY | Loyalty Marketing & CX
Market segmentation External links:
6 Best Market Segmentation Examples – …
Market Segmentation Essays – ManyEssays.com
Examples of Market Segmentation | Chron.com
Marketing effectiveness External links:
Marketing Analytics Consulting | Marketing Effectiveness
Marketing ethics External links:
Understanding Marketing Ethics – CBS News
[PDF]Marketing Ethics – Cengage
Marketing management External links:
MC Marketing Management – Real-World Marketing for …
Marketing operations External links:
Vienna Channels: Custom Marketing Operations
Marketing research External links:
CMI Marketing Research
Peters Marketing Research, Inc.
Participate in Paid Studies – AOC Marketing Research
Marketing strategy External links:
2018 Social Media Strategy | Marketing Strategy
Marketing Strategy Director | Habitat for Humanity
Mobile advertising External links:
Cable TV Advertising, Online and Mobile Advertising | Viamedia
Mobile Advertising Forecasts 2017 – Zenith
Mobile marketing External links:
SimplifiedSMS – Web-based SMS Mobile Marketing and …
Short Code Registry – your source for Mobile Marketing
3C | Mobile Marketing Solutions & Services
Music on hold External links:
Music On Hold – FREE download Music On Hold
Music On Hold – FusionPBX
Music On Hold Messages | Professional Voicemail Greeting
Native advertising External links:
Native Advertising – The Official Definition – Sharethrough
The Future Of Native Advertising for Brands and Publishers
New media External links:
Homepage // Centerline New Media
New Media / Artifact Title – TV Tropes
New Media (2010) – IMDb
Online advertising External links:
Denver Online Advertising Agency | Booyah
Out-of-home advertising External links:
What is Out-of-Home Advertising? – EMR Graphics
Personal selling External links:
personal selling chapter 3 Flashcards | Quizlet
Personal Selling – Marketing Teacher
Personal selling (chp 9) Flashcards | Quizlet
Point of sale External links:
Point of Sale Software & Solutions | NCR Counterpoint
POS System – Point of Sale for iPad and iPhone | SalesVu
ParTech – POS Systems | Restaurant Point of Sale Solutions
Product demonstration External links:
Webinar / Product Demonstration | TADS
TickerTech.com – Product Demonstration Site
Sample Letter for Invitation to a Product Demonstration
Product placement External links:
Product placement | Futurepedia | FANDOM powered by …
WANAGAMES – The first in-game product placement …
13 Classic Examples of Product Placement – HubSpot Blog
Promotional merchandise External links:
Promotional Merchandise | Socks | Headbands | Wristbands
Proof of concept External links:
KBB Proof Of Concept reviews – Progarchives.com
Proof of Concept Agreement | Pentaho
Proof of Concept — Dubstep/Grimestep — Royalty Free …
Sales promotion External links:
Sales Promotion | Marketing Teacher
Levitra Sales Promotion | specialised.us.com
Unit 12: Public Relations, Sales Promotion, & Personal …
Sex in advertising External links:
Sex in Advertising | AdAge Encyclopedia of Advertising – …
Sex in Advertising – Children – Coursepaper.com
Does sex in advertising actually work? – Brooks Bell
Social marketing External links:
Real Estate Social Marketing| Shareable Social
ToneDen – Automated Social Marketing
2018 USF Social Marketing Conference | Clearwater, FL
Underwriting spot External links:
Underwriting spot – revolvy.com
Underwriting spot – WOW.com
Underwriting spot – update.revolvy.com
Visual merchandising External links:
Visual merchandising titles Jobs – Yakaz
Web banner External links:
Web Banner Color Themes | Visual Identity System
iKomee – Banner Maker | Free Online Web Banner Design
Logo and web banner | womenshealth.gov
Willingness to pay External links:
Consumers’ willingness to pay depends on what income …
Word-of-mouth marketing External links:
10 Must-Haves for Better Word-of-Mouth Marketing