What is involved in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions
Find out what the related areas are that Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions related domains to cover and 195 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, .NET Framework, Active Directory, Certified for Microsoft Dynamics, Client Access License, Cloud computing, Customer relationship management, Dynamics 365, Google Chrome, Independent software vendor, Internet Explorer, Internet Information Services, Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft Dynamics C5, Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Microsoft Dynamics SL, Microsoft Most Valuable Professional, Microsoft Office Communicator, Microsoft Online Services, Operating system, Oracle Corporation, SQL Server Reporting Services, SharePoint 2010, Siebel Systems, Software categories, Software developer, Software license, Software release life cycle, Web service, Windows Live Messenger, Windows Server 2012:
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions results and explain and analyze the challenges of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Among the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What is our formula for success in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions ?
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Critical Criteria:
Review Microsoft Dynamics CRM governance and oversee Microsoft Dynamics CRM management by competencies.
– If mobile technologies are supported, how is the software optimized for use on smartphone, tables, and other mobile devices?
– In the case of system downtime that exceeds an agreed-upon SLA, what remedies do you provide?
– What is your approach to server analytics and community analytics for program measurement?
– Which of my customers have the potential for a high-profit, sustainable relationship?
– Which Customers just take up resources and should be considered competitors?
– Is the installed memory sufficient, based on installation recommendations?
– How does Total Quality Service Effects Toward Customer Loyalty?
– How is the emergence of new CRM solutions offered factored in?
– What are the key application components of our CRM system?
– What is your process for gathering business requirements?
– What is the recovery time objective for the application?
– What type of information may be released to whom?
– Do calls labeled Self Service speak to a CSR?
– How do I get CRM right in a slowing economy?
– What Type of Information May be Released?
– Are we better off going outside?
– How does CRM relate to CCM?
– Do GM s know what CRM is?
– Where is the ROI in CRM?
– What happens to reports?
.NET Framework Critical Criteria:
Accumulate .NET Framework planning and look at it backwards.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions project lifecycle?
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Does our organization need more Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions education?
Active Directory Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Active Directory strategies and question.
– Does the tool in use have the ability to integrate with Active Directory or sync directory on a scheduled basis, or do look-ups within a multi-domain forest in the sub-100-millisecond range?
– Does the tool we use have the ability to integrate with Enterprise Active Directory Servers to determine users and build user, role, and business unit policies?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– If we integrate an external product with active directory, will it require that we modify our ad schema?
– Can we do Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Provide the ability to synchronize active directory with cloud-based endpoints?
– What is the process of adding users and deleting users from Active Directory?
– What happens if a user changes their password natively in active directory?
– Enable unix and linux authentication from active directory?
– Does your software integrate with active directory?
Certified for Microsoft Dynamics Critical Criteria:
Refer to Certified for Microsoft Dynamics engagements and perfect Certified for Microsoft Dynamics conflict management.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions project?
– How do we maintain Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensionss Integrity?
Client Access License Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Client Access License results and oversee Client Access License management by competencies.
– Can we add value to the current Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions processes?
– What will drive Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions change?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Cloud computing management and stake your claim.
– It is clear that the CSP will face a large number of requests from its customers to prove that the CSP is secure and reliable. There a number of audit and compliance considerations for both the CSP and the customer to consider in cloud computing. First, which compliance framework should a CSP adopt to satisfy its customers and manage its own risks?
– Have you considered what measures you will need to implement to ensure that the cloud provider complies with all applicable federal, state, and local privacy laws, including ferpa?
– How can we create a secure environment to protect our data, especially when new business models like cloud computing and mobility leave us with little control over it?
– What impact has emerging technology (e.g., cloud computing, virtualization and mobile computing) had on your companys ITRM program over the past 12 months?
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– What are the specific security and integrity threats to cloud computing storage systems that do not exist in private data centers?
– Is it more economical to move my existing datacenter-hosted service to the cloud, or to keep it in a datacenter?
– What are the key business and technical challenges of transitioning to a cloud computing strategy?
– What is the future scope for combination of Business Intelligence and Cloud Computing?
– What new opportunities are either enabled by or potential drivers of cloud computing?
– Is there any recourses about cloud computing performance?
– What are some standards emerging around cloud computing?
– What are the security issues around cloud computing?
– Is the market ready yet for P2P cloud computing?
– Is there a market for developing niche clouds?
– How not to be locked in a SaaS system?
– What is a benefit of cloud computing?
– Cloud computing: could it cost more?
– Fedramp approved / compliant?
Customer relationship management Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Customer relationship management management and handle a jump-start course to Customer relationship management.
– How to ensure high data availability in mobile computing environment where frequent disconnections may occur because the clients and server may be weakly connected?
– How can we help cultural issues relating to loss of control, constant change and mistrust?
– Do you have the capability to measure cost per lead or cost per acquisition?
– What is the target level of performance for the Longest delay in Queue KPI?
– How do you calculate the cost of servicing a customer in a SaaS business?
– What is the network quality, including speed and dropped packets?
– CRM Effectiveness Measures: How Well do You Know Your Customers?
– CRM and Customer Service: Strategic Asset or Corporate Overhead?
– Does the current CRM support communication of Tier 3 requests?
– How does CRM impact the company s bottom line or performance?
– Is there an incentive for visitors/customers to register?
– Does the user have permission to create activities?
– What is the vendors reach in a particular market?
– How do you map a Social CRM profile to CRM data?
– How long should e-mail messages be stored?
– Do reports need to be tweaked or added?
– What is the vendors partner ecosystem?
– How many cases have been resolved?
– Is the processor speed sufficient?
– Why Web-based CRM?
Dynamics 365 Critical Criteria:
Deduce Dynamics 365 tasks and remodel and develop an effective Dynamics 365 strategy.
– Are there recognized Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions problems?
– Are there Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions problems defined?
Google Chrome Critical Criteria:
Define Google Chrome results and devise Google Chrome key steps.
– For your Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Is the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Will Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Independent software vendor Critical Criteria:
Own Independent software vendor failures and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Independent software vendor.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions. How do we gain traction?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions opportunities costing us money?
– Does Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Internet Explorer Critical Criteria:
Grasp Internet Explorer engagements and find the essential reading for Internet Explorer researchers.
– What are the disruptive Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions with what users do day-to-day?
– Who sets the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions standards?
Internet Information Services Critical Criteria:
Study Internet Information Services strategies and catalog what business benefits will Internet Information Services goals deliver if achieved.
– Does Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Does Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions been identified and analyzed?
Microsoft Dynamics Critical Criteria:
Investigate Microsoft Dynamics management and find out what it really means.
– It is often said that CRMs complexity is due to its quantity of functions. How do we handle this?
– Do you have a mechanism in place to quickly respond to visitor/customer inquiries and orders?
– Do these effectiveness-based applications introduce new success factors?
– Have you integrated your call center telephony to your crm application?
– Can your software be accessed via Windows PCs and Apple Mac computers?
– Is there an organized user group specifically for the CRM software?
– What were the factors that caused CRM to appear when it did?
– What are the necessary steps to evaluate a CRM solution?
– Do selfservice calls require interaction with an agent?
– Security settings: What if you cant access a feature?
– What are the fastest growing CRM solutions right now?
– What is the depth of the vendors domain expertise?
– Do you have any monthly volumes of Outbound Calls?
– Can your customers interact with each other?
– Are there multiple Outlook profiles?
– What happens to customizations?
– Brand Experience: What Is It?
– Can metadata be loaded?
– Who Are Our Customers?
– Who are my customers?
Microsoft Dynamics AX Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Microsoft Dynamics AX tactics and create Microsoft Dynamics AX explanations for all managers.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions processes?
Microsoft Dynamics C5 Critical Criteria:
Dissect Microsoft Dynamics C5 engagements and learn.
– What is the purpose of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions in relation to the mission?
– Are assumptions made in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions stated explicitly?
– How do we Lead with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions in Mind?
Microsoft Dynamics GP Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Microsoft Dynamics GP planning and define Microsoft Dynamics GP competency-based leadership.
– What are our needs in relation to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Microsoft Dynamics NAV Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Microsoft Dynamics NAV decisions and summarize a clear Microsoft Dynamics NAV focus.
– How to Secure Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions?
Microsoft Dynamics SL Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Microsoft Dynamics SL planning and correct better engagement with Microsoft Dynamics SL results.
– Is maximizing Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions protection the same as minimizing Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions loss?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions objectives?
– How do we Improve Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions service perception, and satisfaction?
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Critical Criteria:
Discourse Microsoft Most Valuable Professional tactics and be persistent.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions ?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions study?
– How would one define Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions leadership?
Microsoft Office Communicator Critical Criteria:
Value Microsoft Office Communicator planning and describe the risks of Microsoft Office Communicator sustainability.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions into the services that we provide?
Microsoft Online Services Critical Criteria:
Investigate Microsoft Online Services governance and correct better engagement with Microsoft Online Services results.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Will Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Is a Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions Team Work effort in place?
Operating system Critical Criteria:
Unify Operating system visions and mentor Operating system customer orientation.
– If the firewall runs on an individual host for which all users are not trusted system administrators, how vulnerable is it to tampering by a user logged into the operating system running on the protected hosts?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– What should an organization consider before migrating its applications and operating system to the public cloud to prevent vendor lock-in?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions forward?
– What operating systems are used for student computers, devices, laptops, etc.?
– Who will provide the final approval of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions deliverables?
– Does the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions task fit the clients priorities?
– What operating system does your computer use?
– Is unauthorized access to operating systems prevented?
Oracle Corporation Critical Criteria:
Trace Oracle Corporation projects and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Oracle Corporation projects.
– In the case of a Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions processes?
SQL Server Reporting Services Critical Criteria:
Dissect SQL Server Reporting Services tasks and find out what it really means.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions process?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions process?
– What is Effective Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions?
SharePoint 2010 Critical Criteria:
Chart SharePoint 2010 strategies and define what do we need to start doing with SharePoint 2010.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How important is Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions to the user organizations mission?
– Why should we adopt a Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions framework?
Siebel Systems Critical Criteria:
Recall Siebel Systems planning and ask what if.
Software categories Critical Criteria:
Start Software categories outcomes and sort Software categories activities.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions project?
– Do Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Software developer Critical Criteria:
Guide Software developer quality and look at it backwards.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions process available?
– Pick an experienced Unix software developer, show him all the algorithms and ask him which one he likes the best?
– What are all of our Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions domains and what do they do?
Software license Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Software license failures and attract Software license skills.
– What implementation technologies/resources (e.g., programming languages, development platforms, software licenses) does the provider support?
– In a project to restructure Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Do the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What business benefits will Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions goals deliver if achieved?
– Is our software usage in compliance with software license agreements?
Software release life cycle Critical Criteria:
Face Software release life cycle decisions and tour deciding if Software release life cycle progress is made.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions is underway?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions activities?
Web service Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Web service projects and intervene in Web service processes and leadership.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions in a volatile global economy?
– Expose its policy engine via web services for use by third-party systems (e.g. provisioning, help desk solutions)?
– How does this standard provide users the ability to access applications and services through web services?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– What are the short and long-term Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions goals?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
Windows Live Messenger Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Windows Live Messenger outcomes and interpret which customers can’t participate in Windows Live Messenger because they lack skills.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions?
Windows Server 2012 Critical Criteria:
Grasp Windows Server 2012 tasks and innovate what needs to be done with Windows Server 2012.
– Think about the functions involved in your Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions project. what processes flow from these functions?
– How can you negotiate Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What is the source of the strategies for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions strengthening and reform?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions External links:
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Extensions Cookbook – ScanLibs
Microsoft Dynamics CRM External links:
Microsoft Dynamics CRM training | Success Portal | xRM
.NET Framework External links:
AMS360 – .NET Framework Version 3.5 Required
Active Directory External links:
User Attributes – Inside Active Directory
How to change display names of Active Directory users
Active Directory – Access & identity – IDaaS | Microsoft Azure
Certified for Microsoft Dynamics External links:
Certified for Microsoft Dynamics NAV – mdm.online
Client Access License External links:
What is client access license? Webopedia Definition
Cloud computing External links:
ClearDATA – Secure, HIPAA Compliant Cloud Computing
REAN Cloud – Managed Services | Cloud Computing | …
Cloud Computing and Data Center Infrastructure as a Service
Customer relationship management External links:
Salesnet CRM Solutions | Customer Relationship Management
Customer Relationship Management Login – NOVAtime
Oracle – Siebel Customer Relationship Management
Dynamics 365 External links:
NAXT – Equipment Dealer Software, Microsoft Dynamics 365…
Dynamics 365 training offerings | Microsoft Docs
NJ Microsoft Dynamics 365 Partner | Microsoft CRM | …
Google Chrome External links:
Google Chrome: Fast & Secure – Android Apps on Google Play
Google Chrome – Free Download
Google Chrome – Signing In
Independent software vendor External links:
Independent Software Vendor (ISV) – ISCORP
ISV (independent software vendor) – Gartner IT Glossary
Independent Software Vendor Provider Partners
Internet Explorer External links:
LPL Financial Security Site – Internet Explorer
Change your home page for Internet Explorer 11
Which version of Internet Explorer am I using? – Windows Help
Internet Information Services External links:
Download Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0 …
How to: Install Microsoft Internet Information Services
Microsoft Dynamics External links:
Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services
Home – Microsoft Dynamics CustomerSource
Microsoft Dynamics Learning Portal
Microsoft Dynamics AX External links:
Download Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 White Paper: …
How to install a Microsoft Dynamics AX hotfix
Microsoft Dynamics AX Software – 2017 Reviews, …
Microsoft Dynamics C5 External links:
C5online: Genvejstaster i Microsoft Dynamics C5 – YouTube
c5-365.dk – Microsoft Dynamics C5 – NORRIQ – znwhois.com
Microsoft Dynamics GP External links:
Microsoft Dynamics GP Developer Center
Best Acumatica-Microsoft Dynamics GP-ERP Partner …
Microsoft Dynamics GP Overview | Microsoft Dynamics
Microsoft Dynamics NAV External links:
ERP software solutions built on Microsoft Dynamics NAV
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017 | ArcherPoint, Inc.
Cost Control Academy Microsoft Dynamics NAV Training
Microsoft Dynamics SL External links:
Microsoft Dynamics SL 2011 Launch Event | Business …
Microsoft Office Communicator External links:
Download Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2 Hotfix …
Microsoft Office Communicator Web Access – West Virginia
Microsoft Online Services External links:
Microsoft Online Services Advisor – partner.microsoft.com
Download Microsoft Online Services Sign-In Assistant …
Operating system External links:
KAR Management Operating System (MOS) – Login
nCino Bank Operating System
Find Out Which Operating System Is on My Computer …
Oracle Corporation External links:
Oracle Corporation: NYSE:ORCL quotes & news – Google …
ORCL : Summary for Oracle Corporation – Yahoo Finance
Oracle Corporation (ORCL) After Hours Trading – NASDAQ.com
SQL Server Reporting Services External links:
SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Tutorial
SQL Server Reporting Services Playbook | Pluralsight
SharePoint 2010 External links:
Change page title in SharePoint 2010 – Stack Exchange
Siebel Systems External links:
Siebel Systems | Crunchbase
Complaint: Siebel Systems, Inc. – SEC.gov
Software categories External links:
B2B Software Categories – Financesonline.com
Software developer External links:
[PDF]Job Description for Software Developer. Title: …
Title Software Developer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Software Developer Salary – PayScale
Software license External links:
Software License Compliance Solutions by ITCA
Microsoft Software License Terms: Microsoft Dynamics …
Autodesk Software License Review Portal :: Welcome
Software release life cycle External links:
Skill Pages – Software release life cycle | Dice.com
7011FI-1.xRelease.pdf | Software Release Life Cycle | Bit
Web service External links:
kumo cloud™ Mobile App and Web Service for HVAC Control
Amazon.com – Marketplace Web Service
MSU Police Web Service
Windows Live Messenger External links:
Windows Live Messenger (Windows) – Download
How to Sign Up for Windows Live Messenger
Preview of the new Windows Live Messenger – YouTube
Windows Server 2012 External links:
Installing Windows Server 2012 – technet.microsoft.com
Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2012